Mr Nelson Bii is currently a Doctoral Trainee in Mathematical Statistics at the Institute of Mathematical Sciences in Strathmore University specializing in Sample Surveys. Thesis Title: Estimation of a Finite Population Mean in Presence of Random Non-Response in Two-Stage Cluster Sampling with Replacement. He has Msc. in Mathematical Statistics and a Bachelor’s degree in Education (Mathematics Major) both from Kenyatta University. Nelson has more than two years of experience in research activities having worked at Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC) in their various research activities and also in the National Council for Population and Development (NCPD) as a researcher. Mr Bii has taught in Kenyatta University for one academic year as a part-time lecturer in the Department of Mathematics and has also taught Mathematics in Tengecha Girls and Kaplong Girls High Schools prior to his post-graduate studies.
Nelson Kiprono Bii
Nelson Kiprono Bii
Sample Surveys, Non-parametric Estimations and Statistical Inference.
- Bii, N. K., & Onyango, O. C. (2017). Model-Assisted Estimation of Population Mean in Two-Stage Cluster Sampling. Pakistan Journal of Statistics and Operation Research, 13(1), 127-139.
- Bii, N. K., Onyango, C. O., & Odhiambo, J. (2018, November). Estimating a finite population mean under random non response in two stage cluster sampling with replacement. In Journal of Physics: Conference Series (Vol. 1132, No. 1, p. 012071). IOP Publishing.
- Bii, N. K., Onyango, C. O., & Odhiambo, J. (2018, December). Boundary Bias Correction Using Weighting Method in Presence of Non-Response in Two Stage Cluster Sampling. (Has been accepted for publication in the Journal of Probability and Statistics, currently in Press).
- Bii, N. K., Onyango, C. O., & Odhiambo, J. (2019, January). Transformation of Data Method of Estimating a Finite Population Mean Under Random Non-Response in Two Stage Cluster Sampling With Replacement. (Under review in the Far East Journal of Theoretical Statistics)
- HELB Post-Graduate Scholarship Award 2011/2012 for Msc studies.