Financial Modelling is an important tool for decision making in business and non-profit organisations. Skilful mastery allows users to check the financial implications of decisions beforehand and choose the most profitable and robust courses of action. Users can also test scenarios and check sensitivity of outcomes to key variables.
SIMS at Strathmore University recognises this need and has developed a short practical and hands-on course to instil in learners the expertise to develop robust financial models.
To construct and use a financial model to make informed decisions for a new or existing business. Decisions include those on Financing mix; Go no-go decision; and Investment appraisal.
- Develop the 3 Financial Statements based on given inputs: Income Statement, Cashflow Statement, and Balance Sheet
- Develop Financial Models that consists of Integrated Financial Statements
- Check financial model for appropriateness and correctness
- Perform basic Financial Analysis
- Carry out Scenario Testing
- Use appropriate tools and features of MS Excel
Course dates 2022
The full program is taught over 4 full days roughly over the last week of each quarter.
- This course is run fully Inperson
|Quarter 1||April||Tuesday 26th to Friday 29th Cancelled|
|Quarter 2||June||Tuesday 28th to Friday 1st (July)|
|Quarter 3||September||Tuesday 27th to Friday 30th|
|Quarter 4||November||Tuesday 29th to Friday 2nd (December)|
A Certification of Completion is awarded at the end the program.
Who should take the course
This course is designed for investment, finance, and accounting professionals who are keen to develop financial projections using MS Excel in their business and guide management in making key decisions.
Payment and registration
- The cost for the program is KES 40,000/ Registration deposit 10%
- Cost covers all study materials
- Participants must however have a laptop with working MS Excel application installed and reliable internet access