Financial modelling for informed decision making
Financial Modelling is an important tool for decision making in business and non-profit organisations. Skilful mastery allows users to check the financial implications of decisions beforehand and choose the most profitable and robust courses of action. Users can also test scenarios and check sensitivity of outcomes to key variables.
SIMS at Strathmore University recognises this need and has developed a short course to instil in learners the expertise to develop robust financial models.
The course introduces participants to the concepts of financial modelling and its building blocks; enables development of integrated financial models using MS Excel software; and carries out scenario testing and sensitivity analysis for optimal decisions. The course assumes no pre-requisite of MS Excel use and so cover all the feature and functions of excel necessary for financial modelling.
- Excel features and functions for financial modelling
- Combine knowledge of Accounting and Finance with MS Excel; develop interlinked Financial Statements and carry out Financial Analysis
- Specifically build financial models for Project Finance and Business Go- No-go decision
The next training dates are:
Week I: May 31st – 4th June 2021
Week II: 8th June – 11th June 2021
Time: 6:30am – 9:30am
Training Cost: Kshs 40,000
The payment details are as below.
1. M-Pesa Paybill code
Account No. 1059#1054
2. Bank Account ( *Must indicate you are paying for Financial Modelling )
Name: Strathmore University
Bank: Standard Chartered Bank
Account Number: 0102044844000 (KSH)
Swift Code: SCBLKENX
NB: Participants must have a laptop with a working MS Excel application installed and reliable internet access
We look forward to having you register.
Who will benefit
Professionals with some experience in Investment and Commercial Banking, Corporate Finance, and Private Equity looking to grow career.
- Learn from highly qualified faculty experts and experienced practitioners with a flair for teaching
- Course is practical and uses extensive case studies and real life examples
- Researched study material designed by experts
Payment and Registration
- Costs for each 3-day program is KES 30,000.
- Booking and registration fee is 10% of the course cost.
- Cost covers all study material, meals. However, participants must bring their own laptop to the program.
Contacts for further inquiries Cynthia Ng’otwa | email@example.com | 0723 965 739
(& Copy John Ocheche | firstname.lastname@example.org | 0723 999 078)
N/B: Kindly remember to indicate your name and share the receipt with Cynthia Ng’otwa at email@example.com
A Certification of Completion is awarded at the end of each program.