Financial modelling for informed decision making
Financial Modelling is an important tool for decision making in business and non-profit organisations. Skilful mastery allows users to check the financial implications of decisions beforehand and choose the most profitable and robust courses of action. Users can also test scenarios and check sensitivity of outcomes to key variables.
SIMS at Strathmore University recognises this need and has developed a short course to instil in learners the expertise to develop robust financial models.
The course introduces participants to the concepts of financial modelling and its building blocks; enables development of integrated financial models using MS Excel software; and carries out scenario testing and sensitivity analysis for optimal decisions. The course assumes no pre-requisite of MS Excel use and so cover all the feature and functions of excel necessary for financial modelling.
- Excel features and functions for financial modelling
- Combine knowledge of Accounting and Finance with MS Excel; develop interlinked Financial Statements and carry out Financial Analysis
- Specifically build financial models for Project Finance and Business Go- No-go decision
- 23rd to 25th March 2020
- 22nd to 24th June 2020
- 21st to 23rd September 2020
- 23rd to 25th November 2020
Who will benefit
Professionals with some experience in Investment and Commercial Banking, Corporate Finance, and Private Equity looking to grow career.
- Learn from highly qualified faculty experts and experienced practitioners with a flair for teaching
- Course is practical and uses extensive case studies and real life examples
- Researched study material designed by experts
Payment and Registration
- Costs for each 3-day program is KES 30,000.
- Booking and registration fee is 10% of the course cost.
- Cost covers all study material, meals. However, participants must bring their own laptop to the program.
Contacts for further inquiries Cynthia Ng’otwa | firstname.lastname@example.org | 0723 965 739
(& Copy John Ocheche | email@example.com | 0723 999 078)
A Certification of Completion is awarded at the end of each program.