Venue: Strathmore University
Duration: 4 days (23rd – 26th April 2019)
Time: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
About the course
This course provides an introduction to R programming and quantitative data analysis (exploring, summarizing, statistical analyzing, visualizing). Participants with interest in Programming languages that allow work to be explicit & documented, promoting experimentation and exploration, and recording work-‐flow from start to finish will find this course useful and applicable.
This course is designed with beginners in mind and assumes no prior knowledge of statistics or quantitative research background. Participants are expected to come with their own laptops.
- Introduction to statistics, Univariate Analysis and Multivariate Analysis
- Introduction to programming (R installation, basic syntax, Scripts – Documenting, commenting & sharing code).
- Creating and Manipulating objects in R Objects in R – Vectors, Matrices, Dates & Times.
- For Loops & Vectorization, Missing Values
- Objects in R – Arrays, Data Frames and Lists Folder and File structure, Importing Data
- Validating & Exploring Data, Manipulating Data -‐ Summarizing, Sorting, Sub-‐setting, Merging
- Visualizing – Basic plotting, Histograms, Multi-‐panel plotting, Boxplots, ggplot2
- Creating functions and Installing Packages
The course will;
- Introduce participants to R as a data analysis tool.
- Introduce basic statistics for exploratory data analysis including methods for describing and summarizing variable distributions;
- Provide essential skills in data manipulation including selecting sub-sets and recoding;
- Introduce the visual representation of variables in scatter graphs, bar charts, and histograms.
Registration deadline: 15th April, 2019
Payment deadline: 15th April, 2019
Early bird registration fee (Register before or on 8th April, 2019) – KSh. 30,000.
Late registration fee (After 8th April, 2019) – KSh.35,000
Mode of payment:
Business number is 100219,
Account number is “mathsconference”
Via Bank deposit
Name: Strathmore University
Bank: STANDARD CHARTERED BANK
Account Number and Currency: 0102044844000 (KES)
Bank Branch: Karen
Bank SWIFT Code: SCBLKENX
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on date of notice as follows:
- 2 weeks before commencement of the course – Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course – 70% refund
- On or after the date of commencement – No refund
Kindly fill the form below to register