I am a lecturer at the Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Strathmore University, Kenya. He holds PhD in Mathematics from Strathmore University in Kenya, MSc. in Mathematics from Stellenbosch University, South Africa, MSc. in Mathematical Sciences from AIMS-South Africa in collaboration with Stellenbosch University and BSc. in Applied Statistics with Computing from University of Eldoret. I teach Mathematics & Statistics, with research interests in Biomathematics & Biostatistics. I hold a PhD research was on Mathematical modelling of HIV intervention strategies. I have previously held the position of Doctoral Fellow at the Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Strathmore University and Customer service advisor at Barclays Bank of Kenya. I am passionate about science, with strong technical, business, and interpersonal skills for working in a team and successfully completing a project.
Evans Otieno Omondi
Dr. Evans Otieno Omondi
Mathematics and Statistics
At the Strathmore University, I teach the following courses
- Statistical Modelling with Application to Biology (Masters class).
- Quantitative Analysis for Development Finance (Masters class).
- Introduction to Business mathematics (undergraduate class).
- Introduction to business statistics (undergraduate class).
- Advanced Business Statistics (undergraduate class).
- Management Science (undergraduate class).
- Business mathematics (diploma class).
- Statistics for management (diploma class).
- Mathematics for Business Computing (diploma class).
Teaching programming and computing units: – LATEX and computing; R programming, SPSS, Matlab and Mathematica
The main objective of my research work is to use mathematical and statistical methodologies to gain insights into the spread of epidemics. I focus more on control dynamics and the investigation of the impact of interventions in human diseases for the purpose of informing public health policy. The details of my recent projects are outlined below.
Msc. Thesis: A mathematical model for onchocerciasis and its treatment with ivermectin
My thesis focused on the application of optimal control to the onchocerciasis model and assessment of ivermectin in the treatment of onchocerciasis.
PhD Project: Modelling HIV/AIDS management through testing and treatment in Kenya.
This project focused on the modelling of the transmission of HIV/AIDS within and between different risk groups and treatment of HIV/AIDS in Kenya including the roll out of PrEP.
- Omondi, E.O, Mbogo, R.W, Luboobi, L.S., (2020). A model of HIV transmission within and between key population and analysis of optimal control strategy, Octa Biotheoretica, under review.
- Ogola, B.O, Woldegerima, W.A., Omondi, E.O., (2020). Parameter and state estimation in a cholera model with threshold immunology: A case study of Senegal, Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, Vol. 82, No. 2020, pg. 72 (1-31).
- Omondi, E.O, Mbogo, R.W, Luboobi, L.S., (2019). A mathematical modelling study of HIV infection in two heterosexual age groups in Kenya, Infectious Disease Modelling, Vol. 4, No. 2019, pg. 83-98.
- Omondi, E.O, Mbogo, R.W, Luboobi, L.S., (2018). Mathematical analysis of sex structured population model of HIV infection in Kenya, Letters in Biomathematics, Vol. 1, No. 5, pg. 174-194.
- Omondi, E.O, Mbogo, R.W, Luboobi, L.S., (2018). Mathematical modelling of the impact of testing, treatment and control of HIV transmission in Kenya, Cogent Mathematics & Statistics, Vol. 5, No. 1, pg. 1475590.
- Omondi, E.O, Mbogo, R.W, Luboobi, L.S., (2018). Modelling the trend of HIV transmission and treatment in Kenya, International Journal of Applied and Computational Mathematics, Vol. 4, No. 5, pg. 123.
- Omondi, E.O, F. Nyabadza and R.J. Smith?, (2018). Modelling the impact of mass administration of ivermectin in the treatment of onchocerciasis, Cogent Mathematics & Statistics, Vol. 5, No. 1, pg. 1429700.
- Omondi, E.O, Orwa, T.O and F. Nyabadza, (2017). Application of optimal control to the onchocerciasis transmission model with treatment, Mathematical Biosciences, Vol. 297, No. 2018, pg. 43-57.
- Omondi, E.O, Nyabadza F, Bonyah E, Badu K, (2017). Modeling the infection dynamics of onchocerciasis and its treatment. Journal of Biological Systems, Vol. 25, No. 2, pg. 247-277.
For more on publication check Google scholar