I am a Practicing Scholar in Finance. I teach Finance at the Institute of Mathematical Sciences (SIMS), Strathmore University. I earned my Masters in Banking and Finance from Moi University in 2011 and a Bachelor’s degree in Finance (First Class Honors) from Maseno University in 2006. I am a Certified Public Accountant of Kenya and a level III candidate in the Chartered Financial Analysts (CFA) program. I am fervently pursuing a PhD in Finance from the Graduate School of Business, University of Cape Town.
I am actively involved in Financial Markets research. My past publications and books have been on the East African Community Common Market Integration and Common Currency Feasibility. I am currently carrying out research on the estimation and forecasting of the Equity Risk Premium in Africa. I am also fascinated by the theory and empirics of Asset Pricing, Corporate Finance and Valuation.
Alongside teaching I head the Transaction Services division of Centerprise Africa Limited. I have offered Transaction Advisory services spanning Mergers & Acquisitions, Company Valuations, Capital Raising, due diligence and Financial Reporting assistance to clients across different sectors in East Africa. I am an avid trainer with over six years training experience gained while at Centerprise, Strathmore Business School and KPMG. I joined the Strathmore University faculty in 2012, having previously taught at KCA University and worked as a Corporate Finance Manager at KPMG. You can access my curriculum vitae on this link work Advisory. It has more stories on my advisory work.
Membership in professional bodies:
• Level 3 candidate in the CFA program
• Member Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya;
• Member of the Africa Econometric Society;
• Member of African Finance and Economics Association; and
• Member East Africa Society of Investment Professionals.
- Othieno F. (2012): “Examining International Parity Relations between Kenya and Uganda: A Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Approach” International Journal of Economics and Finance, Vol. 4, No. 6; June 2012, pp. 133 – 140
- Othieno F. and Mwaniki G., (2012): Equity market regulation and dynamic event studies- A case of Kenya; International Mathematics Research Conference, Strathmore University, Nairobi, 26 July 2012
- Othieno F. (2011): Evaluating the readiness of a regional block for a Common Currency: A Case Study of the East African Community; the 16th Annual Conference of the African Econometric Society, Kenya School of Monetary Studies, Nairobi, 14 July 2011
I currently teach Financial Modelling, Derivatives, Investment Strategies and Empirical Finance.
Email Address: email@example.com
Telephone Number: +254 703 034 385