The soft-spoken, Dr. Mbogo is highly gifted, a well-established mathematician and a scholar. My passion for mathematics stems as early as secondary school, I later pursued this passion in my undergraduate studies at the University of Nairobi where I studied Bachelors of Science in Applied Mathematics , then a Master’s degree in Industrial mathematics and later PhD in Biomathematics at Strathmore University.
- My primary interest is in developing and applying mathematical models in biological systems and medical applications. My mathematical modeling interest include: modeling disease dynamics, modeling disease optimal therapy/diagnostics (disease management), modelling and analysis of biological networks. My research currently include modeling infectious disease (HIV) and Malaria.
- My expertise includes Formulation, Design and Analysis of Mathematical Models in Epidemiology
- Mbogo, R. W (2014): Intra-Host stochastic models for HIV dynamics and management. | PhD | Strathmore University, Kenya
- Mbogo, W. R., Chirove F., Wattanga, I.S.,Kipchumba B and Wangari I.M. (2014). Mathematical model for Langerhans cells and HIV-1 evolution. Applied Mathematics and computation, under review.
- Mbogo, W. R., Luboobi, L. S., and Odhiambo, J. W. (2014). Semi-Markov model for evaluating the HIV patient treatment cost. Hindawi Publishing Corporation- Journal of Applied Mathematics, under review.
- Mbogo, W. R., Luboobi, L. S., and Odhiambo, J. W. (2014). HIV time and age dependent Semi-Markov model. Journal of Applied Mathematics and computation, under review.
- Mbogo, W. R., Luboobi, L. S., and Odhiambo, J. W. (2014). Semi-Markov model for HIV evolution and treatment. Journal of mathematical Biology, under review.
- Mbogo R.W., Luboobi L.S and Odhiambo J.W (2013): Mathematical model for HIV and CD4+ T cells dynamics in vivo. International Electronic Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Volume 6 No. 2, 83-103.
- Mbogo R.W., Luboobi L.S and Odhiambo J.W (2013): Stochastic model for HIV dynamics with therapeutic intervention. Hindawi Publishing Corporation – ISRN Biomathematics,Volume 2013,(1), 1-11.
- Mbogo R.W., Luboobi L.S and Odhiambo J.W (2013): Stochastic Model for Langerhans cells and HIV Dynamics in Vivo. Hindawi Publishing Corporation – ISRN Applied Mathematics, Volume 2014,(1), 1-10.
- Kiura, S. M and Waema R. (2012), Managing Chronic Conditions through Hosted Medical Records in Kenya, International Society for Telemedicine & eHealth (ISfTeH), Volume 3 No. 2.
- Waema, R and Acosta F (2007) Queuing Theory: Performance modeling of Computer networks, Strathmore university (Nairobi, Kenya) (Accepted for publication – UB Research Journal Jan – Jun 2009 Issue)
- Waema, R. and Olowofeso, O E (2005): Mathematical Modelling Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Transmission using Generating Function Approach. Kragujevae Journal of Science br. 27, str. 115-130.
- “Mathematical Model for Langerhans cells and HIV evolution” at The 2nd Strathmore International Mathematics Conference, August 12th – 16th, 2013, Strathmore, Kenya.
- “Stochastic model for In-Host HIV virus dynamics with Therapeutic intervention”, at The 2nd EAUMP Conference, 22nd – 25th August 2012, Arusha, Tanzania.
- “Stochastic modelling of HIV dynamics within an individual and its management” at the International Mathematics Research Meeting” , July 23 -27, 2012, Strathmore University, Kenya.
- “Managing Chronic Conditions through Hosted Medical Records in Kenya” International Society for Telemedicine & eHealth (ISfTeH), Proceedings of Med-e-Tel 2011.
- Coordinator and facilitator of the International School on Mathematical Epidemiology (ISME), September 1 – 5, 2014, Strathmore University, Kenya. Topic: “In-Host stochastic modeling (HIV)”.
- Coordinator of the International School on Spatial Modeling (ISSM), June 23 – 27, 2014, Strathmore University, Kenya.
I teach Biomedical Statistics