Training on Statistical Data Analysis Using SPSS
This course provides introduction to applied statistics and SPSS for analyzing quantitative data. Participants who have an interest in learning and picking up quantitative data analysis methods and concepts will find this course useful and applicable. Practical data analysis sessions will be based on publicly available data from Kenya National Bureau of Statistics.
Each session will include a lecture followed by a practicals and participants will get a chance to see how data analysis are being applied in real-life scenario.
- Introduction to Statistics: Types of statistics, types of variables, summarizing and presenting data.
- Introduction to SPSS: Data entry, data manipulation
- Statistical Inferences: Hypothesis testing
- Test statistics: parametric and non-parametric tests
- Correlation and regression: Simple and multiple linear regression, logistic regression
The course will;
- Introduce participants to SPSS as a data analysis tool.
- Introduce survey data as a key quantitative resource for social science research;
- Introduce basic statistics for exploratory data analysis including methods for describing and summarizing variable distributions;
- Provide essential skills of data manipulation including selecting sub-sets and recoding;
- Introduce the visual representation of variables in scatter graphs, bar charts and histograms.
- Examine relationships between variables.
For More Details Contact
Linda Chaba, Phd
Statistical Advisory Unit
Strathmore Institute of Mathematical Sciences
P.O. Box 59857-00200, City Square
Mobile Phone: (+254) 725 512 349