TRAINING ON STATISTICAL DATA ANALYSIS USING SPSS
Venue: Strathmore University
Duration: 4 days (10th -13th September 2018)
Time: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
About the course:
This course provides introduction to applied statistics and SPSS for analyzing quantitative data. Participants who have an interest in learning and picking up quantitative data analysis methods and concepts will find this course useful and applicable. Practical data analysis sessions will be based on publicly available data from Kenya National Bureau of Statistics.
Why the Course
Evidence based programs within National and County government circles, Non-profit making organizations, corporate organizations requires concrete knowledge in data analysis and results interpretation. It is therefore imperative that technocrats, programmers and policy makers are adequately equipped with relevant data analysis skills. This course is tailored to introduce statistical knowledge and prepare participants for data analysis tasks.
This course is designed with beginners in mind and assumes no prior knowledge of statistics or quantitative research background. Participants are expected to come with their own laptops.
Each session will include a lecture followed by a practicals and participants will get a chance to see how data analysis are being applied in real-life scenario.
- Introduction to Statistics: Types of statistics, types of variables, summarizing and presenting data.
- Introduction to SPSS: Data entry, data manipulation
- Statistical Inferences: Hypothesis testing
- Test statistics: parametric and non-parametric tests
- Correlation and regression: Simple and multiple linear regression, logistic regression
The course will;
- Introduce participants to SPSS as a data analysis tool.
- Introduce survey data as a key quantitative resource for social science research;
- Introduce basic statistics for exploratory data analysis including methods for describing and summarizing variable distributions;
- Provide essential skills of data manipulation including selecting sub-sets and recoding;
- Introduce the visual representation of variables in scatter graphs, bar charts and histograms.
- Examine relationships between variables.
Register using the form below.
Ksh 30,000 per participant (This cost covers SPSS software, writing materials, refreshments and lunch)
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on date of notice as follows:
- 2 weeks before commencement of the course – Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course – 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement – No refund
Registration deadline: 30th August 2018
Payment deadline: 30th August 2018
Mode of payment:
Business number is 100219,
Account number is “mathsconference”
Via Bank deposit
Name: Strathmore University
Bank: STANDARD CHARTERED BANK
Account Number and Currency: 0102044844000 (KES)
Bank Branch: Karen
Bank SWIFT Code: SCBLKENX