Getting Started With R Programming
Venue: Strathmore University
Duration: 4 days (22nd – 25th April 2019)
Time: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
About the course:
This course provides an introduction to R programming and quantitative data analysis (exploring, summarizing, statistical analyzing, visualizing). Participants with interest in Programming languages that allow work to be explicit & documented, promoting experimentation and exploration, and recording work-‐flow from start to finish will find this course useful and applicable.
This course is designed with beginners in mind and assumes no prior knowledge of statistics or quantitative research background. Participants are expected to come with their own laptops.
- Introduction to statistics, Univariate Analysis and Multivariate Analysis
- Introduction to programming (R installation, basic syntax, Scripts – Documenting, commenting & sharing code).
- Creating and Manipulating objects in R Objects in R – Vectors, Matrices, Dates & Times.
- For Loops & Vectorization, Missing Values
- Objects in R – Arrays, Data Frames and Lists Folder and File structure, Importing Data
- Validating & Exploring Data, Manipulating Data -‐ Summarizing, Sorting, Sub-‐setting, Merging
- Visualizing – Basic plotting, Histograms, Multi-‐panel plotting, Boxplots, ggplot2
- Creating functions and Installing Packages
The course will;
- Introduce participants to R as a data analysis tool.
- Introduce basic statistics for exploratory data analysis including methods for describing and summarizing variable distributions;
- Provide essential skills of data manipulation including selecting sub-sets and recoding;
- Introduce the visual representation of variables in scatter graphs, bar charts and histograms.
Register using the form below.
Early bird registration fee (Register before or on 15th April) – KSh. 30,000
Late registration fee (After 15th April 2019) – KSh.35,000
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on date of notice as follows:
- 2 weeks before commencement of the course – Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course – 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement – No refund
Registration deadline: 15th April 2019
Payment deadline: 15th April 2019
Mode of payment:
Business number is 100219,
Account number is “mathsconference”
Via Bank deposit
Name: Strathmore University
Bank: STANDARD CHARTERED BANK
Account Number and Currency: 0102044844000 (KES)
Bank Branch: Karen
Bank SWIFT Code: SCBLKENX