Financial Modelling is an important tool for decision making in business and non-profit organisations. Skilful mastery allows users to check the financial implications of decisions beforehand and choose the most profitable and robust courses of action. Users can also test scenarios and check sensitivity of outcomes to key variables.
SIMS at Strathmore University recognises this need and has developed two short courses to instil in learners the expertise to develop robust financial models.
The courses are presented here as Financial Modelling Primer and Advanced Financial Modelling.
Financial modelling primer introduces participants to the concepts of financial modelling and its building blocks; enables development of integrated financial models using MS Excel software; and carries out scenario testing and sensitivity analysis for optimal decisions.
Advanced financial modelling is a treatment of selected topics in financial modelling that are key to practitioners in Finance for Investment and Risk Management.
|Financial modelling primer
||Advanced Financial modelling
18th – 21st March 2019
23rd – 26th September 2019
| Course Dates
3rd – 6th June 2019
25th – 28th November 2019
- Excel features and functions for financial modelling
- Combine knowledge of Accounting and Finance with MS Excel; develop interlinked Financial Statements and carry out Financial Analysis
- Specifically build financial models for Project Finance and Business Go- No-go decision
- Statistical analyses to develop model assumptions
- Company valuation
- Portfolio optimisation
- Introduction to Monte Carlo methods
- Value at Risk
|Course assumes 3 years work experience in Finance and extensive use of MS Excel over the period
|Who will benefit
Professionals with upto 2 years work experience in Commercial Banking and Corporate Finance looking to grow in career.
Experienced professionals in Investment Banking; Corporate Finance; Equity Research; and Insurance looking to sharpen financial modelling skills.
Both courses are practical and ran on MS Excel.
- Learn from highly qualified faculty experts and experienced practitioners with a natural flair for teaching
- Course is practical and uses extensive case studies and real life examples
- Researched study material designed by experts
Payment and Registration
- The cost for each 4-day program is KES 30,000/ Registration deposit 10%
Cost covers all study material, meals
Contacts for further inquiries
Rose Kagumba | email@example.com | 0701 310 477 and Copy John Ocheche | firstname.lastname@example.org | 0723 999 078)
A Certification of Completion is awarded at the end the program.
Who We Are
SIMS is the Strathmore Institute for Mathematical Sciences mandated to carry out Training and Research in Applied Quantitative Techniques for decision making.